Today, after the Music Core performance iKONICS were treated to a surprise to beat all surprises.
All iKON members opened public Instagram accounts at the same time and proceeded to bomb the Instagram with photos, videos and comments trying very hard to make up for the last two years of radio silence.
iKONICS used to scarce and slow updates were completely shocked and overwhelmed with the sudden influx of content.
Not even a day after opening their accounts all the members have over 200 000 followers.
Here are all of their accounts so you can follow them if you haven’t already but be warned June will blow up your notifications.
On Sept 15th, iKON celebrated their 2nd Anniversary by warmly meeting with fans via V Live.
Despite having flown into Japan that day followed by a long bus ride to Nagano, the venue for the Concert scheduled for the next day, the boys made a concerted and much appreciated effort to appear before fans on their special day.
The boys couldn’t quite disguise their travel fatigue and Bobby who just released his solo debut album the day before was still en route to Japan and so wasn’t present. Despite it all the boys showed a cheerful spirit and teased each other a lot.
If you are a long time fan of iKON you know that wether their broadcast is a hyper one or a chill one there are certain staples you can expect:
– A Flow of Consciousness discussion style
– Dragging each other
– Teasing one member or the other
– A LOT of helpless giggling/laughing
– Unconscious affectionate moments
– General silliness
– The feeling of being part of a group of childhood friends
This is iKON’s style and their great charm.
The highlights of iKON’s 2nd Anniversary Greeting included:
– Congratulating Bobby on his album, and Donghyuk singing an excerpt from ‘Secret’.
– Yunhyeong’s skin condition since returning from the Jungle (not great😂)
– Chanwoo’s low participation rate in group activities and shyness at bath houses (to get them to stop teasing him he had to threaten to expose them all😆)
– Hanbin’s favorite song in Bobby’s album is “Swim” but when iKON sang it it turned into a song about Yunhyeong’s beard?
– Donghyuk shows his 7 piercings which represent iKON
– Jinhwan brings up taking things slow and lasting long and Hanbin let’s us know that this is also his principle for pooping
– The boys talk about their iKON rings: only Junhoe and Dong are wearing theirs and the rest give their excuses😅
– Junhoe’s knowledge of members birthdays is tested: he only remembers Dong’s but members praise him because his margin of error has greatly reduced
– The boys express wishes to be with iKONICs for thousands or even millions of years and hold concerts in heaven😂
They rounded up their VApp so they could have an even more intimate one with fans on their Plus Channel.
You can watch this 2nd Anniversary broadcast on their regular channel with Eng subs now.
iKON held two Concerts in Nagano yesterday and are scheduled to hold 3 fan meetings in Osaka tomorrow.
Bobby participated in both Concerts then flew back to South Korea for pre recordings for his Inkigayo stage. When done he will rejoin the rest of iKON for the Osaka fan meets tomorrow (please take care, Bobby!)
We wish the boys love, good health, success and prosperity going forward in all their various activities.